Ryah had woke me up at 2:30AM, which is not unusual for her. When my eyes were trying to adjust to the light, I noticed she had something on her face. My first thought was a bloody nose. After I brought her into the bathroom, I noticed it was a black marker. My first question.... "what the...." second question.... "where did you get that from?" As Ryah was checking herself out in the mirror- I went into her room to see how much more damage she had done. And, as I had expected... she managed to cover just about everything in black marker.
I woke Matt up to have him come take a look and to help me start cleaning- but he thought I was being crazy for wanting to clean at 2:30 a.m. I did wash Ryah's body off and got most of the marker off using baby soap and water. I was scared that since this was a permanent sharpie marker- there was no way this was going to come off. I then proceeded to send her to "time out." I know- call me crazy by putting my child in time out at this time of night- but I thought it would be better for her to know how upset I was at the time, rather than waiting for the morning.
I was curious as to where Ryah got the marker from in the first place. Ryah told me that "daddy left it in my bed." So, of course being crazy lady- I start yelling at Matt. He denies it to this day that he had given her a marker, or one dropped out of his pocket when he was putting her to bed- and I probably will never find out where she got the marker from... but lesson learned for Matt and I!
| How can you be upset at this precious face??? |
No comments:
Post a Comment