Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Left Speechless... Again!

What a joy it has been watching Ryah grow up this past year.  It feels like yesterday she was learning her ABC's and now she is making complete sentences and carrying on conversations! 
I had to share this story because I was once again left speechless and didn't know how to respond to my 2 1/2 year old!
To give a little background before I get into the story... We told Ryah that Jessie (our dog that we had to put down a few months ago) went to live with Jesus up in Heaven.  We said that Jesus needed a nice doggie to live with him, and that Jessie and Jesus would be friends. 
I knew that Ryah had not forgotten about Jessie, because everynight when Matt and/or I tuck her into bed we have to go through the list of all the people that love her (and Jessie is included in that list)
So...
A few Sundays ago I asked Ryah if she would like to go to church with me, or stay home and watch cartoons with daddy.  She told me that she wanted to go with mommy, and so I thought I would give her a "pep" talk and explain to her that we were going to Jesus's house and that she would have to sit still and behave and listen to mommy when we were at his house.  Ryah gets a twinkle in her eye and says... "Mommy, we are going to be able to see Jessie!!!"  OH BOY- HOW DO YOU RESPOND TO THAT! 
To be honest, I can't even remember what I said to her- but whatever it was must have been a sufficient response. 

No comments:

Post a Comment