Thursday, March 8, 2012

February Pictures

Lately it has been so hard to get pictures of Ryah because she wants to hold the camera. And, like any 2 year old (or almost 2), if they don't get there way- WATCH OUT!

A couple weeks ago I had to call my mother for some advice (cause in my opinion she is an expert at raising such wonderful kids... ha).  I was having a little issue with Ryah hitting mommy and daddy if she didn't get her way or if we would tell her "no."  It seemed like she would spend 90% of the evening in "time-out."  I was starting to wonder if this whole time out thing really worked- or if she needed a swat on the butt.  (yes, I do believe in spanking children when they need it)... Anyways, my mother re-assured me that I was doing the right thing, and said "she will catch on."  Lo-And-Behold-  this week, her "time-outs" have decreased significantly, and she knows that there will be a time out if she hits, acts up, etc...  Smart little cookie! But, still tests the waters :)

Matt and I have been busy with the next remodeling project... okay, Matt has been doing all the work- but I have been busy putting my two cents in to the project and have been busy shopping for new decorations.  About 2 weeks ago, I couldn't stand all the dust in my bedroom.  It seems this room always gets cleaned last- so it is neglected all the time.  Matt and I decided it was time to get rid of the old and start fresh.  We Matt took out all the old bedroom furniture, removed the carpeting, redesigned the closet, installed new lighting, and started painting.  OH- I am so excited.  I promise I will post before and after pictures once the bedroom is complete!

Another project that is at a stand still right now is the basement & laundry room.  I am getting new/more functional cabinets in my laundry room- just waiting for the dry-wall guy to come over and patch some holes from the previous cabinets.  The basement is now going to be a "play room"/ TV area.  I am excited to decorate that area as well- but the bedroom is our top priority now.

Anyways, here are a couple recent pictures of our little sweetheart!

Valentine's Day 2012

 *start of the temper tantrum

mom- does this look like a familiar scene?  LOL
Yes- she threw herself on the ground cause I wouldn't give her the camera!



eating popcorn at the circus

 yes- that is mac & cheese on my dog's back-  wonder how that got there? 

Ryah's favorite spot in the house (don't look at all the junk food)

No comments:

Post a Comment