Monday, November 14, 2011

Kitchen Project

Well, this past couple of weeks has been very busy around the Goolsby household.  I decided that it was time for my kitchen cabinets to have a face lift.  I had been debating for some time now as to what I wanted to do with them.  The cabinets are in great shape, I just was unhappy with the color.  I thought about resurfacing, but that was still going to run around $3,000.00... which, I really didn't feel like spending.  So, after some research, I found another woman's blog.  She had almost the same cabinets that I do and she had painted her cabinets... BLACK.  I immediately made the decision to copy her.  I wasn't sure how I was going to break the news to Matt, since he didn't want to do anything with the cabinets in the first place.  I decided the best approach would be to show Matt the lady's website and all her before and after pictures, so he could see the final product, and wouldn't think that I had completely lost my mind.  Long story short- my approach kind of worked, and after a few discussions on how "I was going to take care of everything" and "this is my winter project", I had the cabinet doors down and ready to be painted.  Thank goodness the lady had step-by-step instructions on how she completed her project- which really helped me when I went to the hardware store to get all my supplies. 

Oh- as a side note: I set a goal of having this project completed in steps and to be done within 6 months, cause remember, this is MY project! It turns out, my husband thought I had lost my mind when I told him that, and does not approve of living in a "construction zone" for that long. So, my solution: help me so I can get this done faster--- ha ha... he fell for it! The two of us have been sanding, priming, painting, painting, and painting the cabinet doors, the trim, and the cabinet frames. It has been a long process, but we are starting to see the results.

BEFORE:



DURING:






AFTER:





So, we aren't 100% done, but I was too excited not to post these picutres.  We still have to complete the trim work on top of the cabinets and figure out a light for above the sink, and a few other touch ups on the paint.  But overall, what do you think?  I have to say Matt and I LOVE IT!!!!  (Although Matt hates to admit it, since he didn't want to do this in the first place).

1 comment:

  1. Hey I can comment on your blog now!! I LOVE the kitchen cabinets, and all your previous posts for that matter. :)

    ReplyDelete