On Labor Day we headed west of Omaha to the Zoo's Wildlife Safari Adventure to kill some time. Not knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly suprised at the set up and actually how many people take the tour. What I loved about this little adventure is you stay in your vehicle and drive through the different areas to see the animals in their habitat's. There is a place you can get out and enjoy a picnic, or walk up through the woods to see the wolves and bears... we decided to wait until Ryah is a little older to tackle that adventure. It was fun to watch Ryah get so excited when the elk and bison came right up to the truck. I wish I would have caught it on video! Here are a few pictures of the animals we saw:
Elk
Ryah looking at the pelicans
bald eagle- I couldn't get over how large they really are!
Bison- and now I know the difference between bison and buffalo- thank you google!
Hope everyone was able to enjoy the wonderful weather we had on Labor Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment