Ryah went camping with her daycare on thursday night. The parents were invited out on Friday evening for a pot-luck and to pick up their child (or children). Missy is so wonderful to her daycare children! This was the first overnight that Ryah spent without a relative. What was Matt and I to do- we had the whole evening to ourselves! Well, turns out- we are really boring and just stayed home, ordered a pizza, and I read a book on the deck and Matt watched some TV. It was nice and relaxing but to be honest, I missed Ryah.
On Friday, Matt and I left the house around 4:30ish so that we could be out to the campsite by 5:00ish to visit with the other parents. I started out the trip a little irritated with my husband- why is it everytime we go somewhere, I have to tell him what to pack... ladies, you know what I am talking about! So in the car we go... heading out to Mahoney State Park. I was getting anxious to see Ryah and to hear how she did camping. When we got there, we drove around to each campsite looking for Ryah and the rest of the daycare kids. After driving around for 1 hour and hitting every campsite twice- we were unable to locate anyone! I asked the front desk at the park- and they had no reservations under Missy's Daycare- or even close to that name. I tried to stay calm- but it was really hard! (the front desk girl looked like she was in high school- what did she know anyways... they have to be here~ somewhere). By this time, I was carsick from driving around in circles, my stomach was in knots, and I was almost in tears. I knew my baby was safe- but I wanted to see her NOW! I didn't talk very much- and thankfully Matt knew he best keep quiet, cause I would have taken my frustration out on him! Since neither Matt or I had Missy's cell phone number in our phones (dumb mistake #1)- I wasn't sure how we were going to handle this crisis. Matt came up with a brilliant idea of calling his buddy that is good friends with Missy- to get her cell number- or to find out where they go camping every year. Turns out- there are a couple parks on the Platte River- and we were suppose to go to Platte River State Park! Well, needless to say, we ended up finding our way to the correct park and all be darn- there they were. I couldn't get out of the car fast enough to give Ryah a big hug! The minute I walked through the door- Ryah was sitting on Missy's lap and yelled out MA MA! Oh, I just wanted to squeeze her and cry. That had to be one of the most touching experiences yet!!!!
Since I was too overwhelmed, I forgot to take any pictures of the campsite and all the kiddos. They all looked like they had a wonderful time- and Ryah was worn out! The minute we hit the road for our trip, she was asleep.
So to anyone reading this: morale of the story: Mahoney State Park is not the only state park on the Platte River!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment