Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas

We decided to head up to Montevideo this year for Christmas.  We were able to beat the snow storm and had a nice relaxing drive.  Ryah was so good, she started to fuss about 40 min outside of Montevideo- but I don't blame her- cause that is when I start going stir crazy and want to get out of the car.  Matt and I were  able to enjoy ourselves and relax as my sisters and mom and dad took care of Ryah.  She LOVED all the attention!

On Christmas Eve we all went over to Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt's.  It is so much fun to visit with all my family since I don't get to see them very often.  We decided to wear ugly sweaters again this year-  I think this is starting to become a tradition. 
I have to thank my mother-in-law for the great idea of making my own Christmas sweater!


Ryah loves playing with wrapping paper

On Christmas Day we opened presents at my parent's house.  I don't think I even changed out of my pajamas all day.  But that is what vacation is for... right?  We all must have been good this year because we got spoiled with gifts!
My sisters and I opening our present from "Santa"

"Santa" thought Matt could use something besides NY Yankee apparel

Grandma & Grandpa helping Ryah open her presents

My sister Ashley got me this game as a gift-  we used to play this game for hours back in junior high


Ryah and her pink John Deer wagon

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas like we did!  We are blessed with such wonderful families.

No comments:

Post a Comment