A few weeks ago, we decided it was time for Jessie to be put to rest. Trust me- this was not an easy decision! She has been my companion/running partner for the past 3 1/2 years. She always seem to know if I was having a bad day, and just needed to cuddle with her. The only times I ever heard Jessie bark were when the OPPD guy walked next to the fence in our yard (wearing a bright orange blazer), and when a salesman came to our door (and Ryah and I were home alone). Her look was intimidating to strangers but she would never hurt a fly. She always greeted you at the door wagging her stubby little tail. Jessie enjoyed going for walks/runs, going to the park so she could run free without the leash, laying in the sun in the backyard, and getting attention from anyone that would give it to her.
When we adopted Jessie from the Humane Society, she was approx 4 years old. Knowing that I gave Jessie a wonderful life, and according to my husband, spoiled her a little too much, helps heal my heart. Genetically, the boxer breed does not live much past 9 years, so I knew her day of rest would be sooner versus later if we had adopted a puppy. But I wouldn't have changed it for anything!
A couple of my favorite photos of Jessie Mae:
| Watching over Ryah |
| Merry Christmas |
Tears last a moment, but memories last a lifetime!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment