Ryah had her appt with Dr. Andresen a week after she turned 2. I was a little worried about this visit, since over the past year Ryah has really developed a little phobia for doctor's offices. She had a few battles with ear infections this past winter, so I am sure she associates those feelings with all doctors/nurses. Ryah absolutely threw a fit while sitting on the scale and it took all my strength to make her lie still on the table to get an accurate height. After we made it through that, I thought this is probably going to be a pointless visit because there is NO WAY Dr. Andresen will be able to complete his exam on her. Much to my suprise- I was wrong!!! Ryah brought her baby doll with her to the appt and Dr. Andresen was so WONDERFUL about showing Ryah what he was going to do by first doing it to her babydoll. The exam went so well- and he didn't have any concerns. I am sure there are other pediatricians out there that do this kind of stuff, but Dr. Andresen tops the charts in my book!
Here are her stats from the visit:
Height 37 inches (98%)
Weight 29lbs 2oz (78%)
Head circum. 49.3 (90%)
Some of Ryah's favorite things are as follows:
-favorite toy: babydolls, coloring books
-favorite food: hot dogs, chicken nuggets, fruit snacks (you know... all the healthy stuff... ha ha)
-favorite song: "wheels on the bus" (we probably sing this at least 5 times a night- no lie!)
-favorite cartoon character: Minnie mouse
Some of Ryah's new words:
tootie... "cookie"
doopy... "Goofy" on Mickie Mouse Cartoon
pone... "phone"
durs... "purse"
mana... "banana"
duce... "juice"
pin cess... "princess"
Funny story I had to share with you guys: When Ryah isn't following directions, I usually say "Ryah, 1, 2, 3 NOW!" and then she knows I mean business. So the other night Ryah, Alisa, and I were sitting in the basement and Ryah wanted Matt down there to play as well. She yelled up to him by saying "Matt, sit chair NOW." We couldn't help but to laugh at her!
Here are a few of the most recent pictures of our little princess:
| At the zoo with cousin Rylee (as Ryah would call her "Ryde") |
| Grandpa and Grandma Jensen treated us to a day at the zoo |
| At the swimming pool with mommy |
| Reading books with auntie "Seesa" |
| Always Beautiful! |
No comments:
Post a Comment