Friday, April 20, 2012

Visit to Grandpa & Grandma Jensen's House

This past weekend Ryah and I (and Jessie of course), went up to visit my parents.  Matt went on his annual fishing trip to Oklahoma- so I decided we should do something fun too.  I was able to pack up the car and take off Thursday afternoon, which gave us 2 full days to hang out and do whatever we wanted.  It is definitely getting more hard to travel with Ryah at this age.  She doesn't enjoy the 5 hour car ride (but I can't blame her, cause I don't either)- but it is all worth it once we get to their house!  Thankfully, Missy borrowed us her portable DVD player, so she was entertained for some of the ride.  After all electronics were dead, and 5 plus hours later- we finally made it!

Here are a few highlights from the weekend:

*able to relax, cause Mom, Dad, and Alisa took such good care of Ryah
*Alisa and I ran 3 1/4 miles- which was actually fun cause we didn't have any hills to tackle
*numerous walks around the neighborhoods with the family
*shopping in St. Cloud with the family (it has been 10 years since I have been shopping in that mall)
*Feeding the ducks by the river (see pictures below)
*sitting out on the lawn and soaking up the sun on Saturday afternoon
*Going to the movies with my sister- this also has been a few years since we have done that together
*Eating ice cream from Art's Dairy Freeze

Here are a few pictures that I took from the weekend:

Warning: This is a real picture! This is what happens to Ryah's hair if you don't comb it after her bath

Eating lunch with Grandpa

Jessie thought this was her water dish

Alisa and her friend Seth-  Ryah flirted with him all weekend long


Throwing popcorn to the ducks


Thanks Dad, Mom, and Alisa for the great weekend!  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment