Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mom's Getaway

Last weekend was my first long weekend away from my family in the past 2 years.  It was much needed and way overdue!  I was nervous leaving Ryah since she was battling an ear infection and had developed a rash from her antibiotic that she was put on.  Not that I have any doubt in Matt, but I haven't been out of state since having my little pumpkin!
Thursday I drove up to the cities to stay with my sister Ashley and her boyfriend Joe.  We went out for dinner at a great pub in Minneapolis and went back to the apartment and relaxed.  I was in bed before 9pm... I know... crazy night... right?  LOL
On Friday we picked up my cousin and the 4 of us took a rode trip to Tomah Wisconsin for the Poison/ Motley Crue Concert!  The drive to Tomah was beatuiful-  I never realized how much I miss seeing lakes, trees, and rolling hills.  Once we arrived in Tomah, we checked into the hotel, had a few adult beverages, and headed to the concert. 
These equations pretty much sum up the evening:

Outdoor concert in the middle of know where + Beer = Great People Watching

Motley Crue + Poison - New York Dolls = Great Music

I had a great time. Since the concert was on base- we couldn't bring any cameras in, but somehow Ashley snuck my camera in (she claims it fell in a hole in her purse and security never saw it). Here are a few pictures of the night before my camera died.



still sexy!



The trip was fabulous and I am looking forward to another one :)  Oh, and Ryah and Matt were just fine and it sounds like they had a great time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment