Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Daddy's Girl

I had to share this story because it melted my heart this morning. 
Every morning before Matt leaves for work, he gives Ryah and I a kiss and tells us to have a great day.  This morning Ryah had slept in a little, so Matt thought she was still asleep and didn't want to bother her.  After we said our goodbyes and Matt was walking out the door, I hear "Daddy Tiss" (kiss) from a little voice that had snuck into our bedroom.  She said it again "Daddy Tiss."  I felt so bad that I had to call Matt and tell him to come back to give his little girl a kiss.  Without hesitation, he turned around and came home to give Ryah a kiss and hug (even though he was going to be late for work).  You should have seen the little grin she gave him after getting her kiss!  (I think she knows she has him wrapped around her finger!!). 
After watching that, I felt so much joy and even shed a few tears.  It reminds me of a quote: "Slow down and smell the roses."  Sometimes we are in such a hurry, we ignore the small things.  Even though this was a small gesture on Matt's part, it made Ryah's morning complete! 

Hope you all had a great day today!  I know I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment