One of my goals this month was to have Ryah get rid of her paci. She has not had the darn thing at daycare for several months now- but I have been too chicken to take it away from her at night (or maybe I was taking the easy way out). During the day she was really good about not having it in her mouth, but at night she always had to have it and we would search frantically around in her crib to find it. Lately she wanted to have 2 of them- 1 in her mouth and 1 in her hand before she would lay down. OH BOY- how was I going to get her away from her paci? Missy (her daycare provider) said she just took it away one day and reassured me that Ryah would survive!
So, yesterday, being the new year, Matt and I watched as Ryah threw all her pacis in the garbage. She said "bye" to them as she tossed them into the can. Wow- it was that easy? no way!
The true test was going to be at bedtime. Amazingly she only cried for a second as I reminded her that she threw them away in the garbage, and that was all it took. She stopped crying and went to sleep! And I just tucked her in as I took a break from writing this post, and once again she went to bed no problem. WOW! (I just hope potty training is this easy. ha ha ha )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment